Primary responsibility will be working on the Winnebago County Historical Materials Inventory Project. This project seeks to identify, describe, and inventory materials of historical relevance located in the Winnebago County Public libraries. The inventory will then be added to the Winnefox shared catalog to aid in discoverability and access.
This project will involve travel to the five Winnefox Libraries in Winnebago County: Oshkosh Public Library, Neenah Public Library, Elisha D. Smith Public Library (Menasha), Carter Memorial Public Library (Omro), and Winneconne Public Library.
Duties will include:
- Inventorying and describing materials.
- Creating Catalog Records using online cataloging programs.
- Communicating with library staff.
- Identifying items for future digitalization.
- Completed at least 12 credits in an ALA accredited MLIS program.
- Prefer a knowledge of and/or classwork in cataloging practices.
- Prefer a knowledge and/or course work in archival theory.
- Able to work independently.
- Must have suitable transportation.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Marcy Cannon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by January 18, 2021.