The City of Neenah is seeking a full-time Library Director for the Neenah Public Library. The position is open due to the upcoming retirement of the current Library Director.
The purpose of this position is to plan, direct, and coordinate all municipal library activities, services, programs, and personnel. The work is performed under the direction of the 10-person Library Board of Trustees.
- American Library Association-accredited Master’s Degree in Library and Information Studies.
- Eight years of progressively responsible professional library work, three years of which must be higher-level library supervisory experience, preferably as an Assistant Director or Director of a public library; or any combination of experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Library Science grade one certification required.
- Must be available to attend evening meetings.
- Plan, organize, direct, and oversee all library activities.
- Prepare and recommend the annual library Operating budget and the Capital Improvements Program budgets.
- Serve as the liaison with the City of Neenah and as a member of the city management team; represent the library at city department head meetings, coordinate relationships, and activities with other city departments, and enforces city rules and regulations.
- Serve as the library’s principal liaison to the Winnefox Library System. Permanent member of the Winnefox Automated Services (WALS) Executive Council (WTEC). Participates in decision-making, planning, and governance of library system-related functions. Enforces WALS system rules and regulations.
- Develop and coordinate new services, resources, and programming.
- Create library board agendas, packets, and minutes; cause them to be noticed, posted, published, and distributed according to state statutes, city ordinances, and library board policy.
- Oversee and direct maintenance of the building and grounds, including upgrades, updates, and improvements. Coordinate projects, select and oversee contractors, and oversee budgets.
- For further detail about the position, compensation and benefits visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/neenahwi/jobs/3819305/library-director
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please apply via our online application at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/neenahwi/jobs/3819305/library-director
Applications must include both a cover letter and a resume to be considered.
The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are encouraged to submit their application materials as soon as possible.
The City of Neenah is committed to providing everyone with fair and equal treatment. If you share this same desire, are seeking a meaningful career in public service, and want the opportunity to make a difference in your community, we invite you to consider a career with us. We are committed to the principles of equity and inclusion and actively seek and encourage applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.
The City of Neenah is an Equal Opportunity Employer.